Last updated – April 4, 2021
KlearCard Pte. Ltd. (“KlearReceipt”, “we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope of Policy
This policy together with the General Terms of Service apply to your use of: our website at https://www.klearreceipt.com/ (the “Site”) including, without limitation, the KlearReceipt Mobile App (“App”) once you have downloaded a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (“Device”); and any of the services accessible through the App or the Site (the “Services”).
TThis policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed and used by us. We strive to ensure that our practices regarding personal data of our users comply with the various personal data protection and privacy laws applicable to us. By using any of the Services, you accept our practices and processes as set out in this policy. If you do not agree to any part of this policy, please do not use any of the Services.
Should you have data protection concerns you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title “Attn: Data Protection Officer”. When contacting us regarding data protection please provide as much information as possible that is specific to your enquiry. Our team aims to respond to any data protection query within ten business days.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the PDPC in Singapore. However, we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the PDPC, so please contact us in the first instance.
So that we’re clear and there’s no misunderstanding about how we handle your personal data, we will:
- Always keep your data safe and private to the best of our ability
- Never sell your data
- Allow you to manage your marketing choices
- Only collect, manage, transfer and use your data for the purposes set out in this policy.
Information we collect about you
We collect the following information about you:
- • Information you gave us – “Submitted information”: This is information you gave us by filling in forms on the App and/or the Site or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail, live chat or social media on the App and/or the Site). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App and/or Site, upload or scan a receipt with KlearReceipt, participate in promotions or surveys and when you report a problem with the App, and/or Site. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your names, address, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, password, debit card numbers, expiry numbers, CVV number, identification document numbers, personal descriptions, profile photos and other information you may provide us in order to prove your eligibility to use our services.
- Information we collect about you and your device each time you visit the App and/or Site we may collect information such as: technical information, including the IP address used to connect your device to the internet, your login information, browser type, time zone, and operating system.
- Information about your visit including URLs, date/time, services you viewed, page response times, any error warnings generated, page interaction information (scrolling, clicks).
- Transaction information including data, time, amount, currency, description, attachments, receipts, and the last four digits of your card number.
- Information stored on your Device, including if you allow KlearReceipt to access your address book, login information, photos or documents.
- Location information such as IP address to determine your current location. This would be primarily used to prevent fraud and identify if someone else is accessing your account.
- Information to help us deliver our service to you. We work closely with third parties in order to help us deliver our service to you. These parties are software providers, information security companies, marketing agencies, and more.
How we use information
Below is a summary of the key types of data that we make use of as part of the KlearReceipt services.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- To identify you and verify your identify, protect against fraud, comply with anti-money laundering laws and to confirm your eligibility to use our Products and Services;
- To provide you, with information on Products or Services which may interest you;
Device Information: We will use this information:
- To administer our App and/or Site for internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing, researching, and more;
- To improve our App and/or Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- As part of our efforts to keep our App and Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To help market and provide new products and services to engage you and acquire new users;
Location Information: We will use this information:
- To deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To protect against potential fraud;
When we use social media for marketing purposes, your information may be shared with the social media platforms so they can check if you hold an account with them. If you do, we may ask the social media provider to use your information to send our adverts to you.
We will obtain your express consent before we share your personal data with any company outside of KlearCard Pte Ltd for marketing or promotional purposes.
You can opt out of our marketing campaigns at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any KlearReceipt marketing email. This will unsubscribe you from future email and SMS campaigns. This will not unsubscribe you from reset passwords, and communications required in order for you to use the KlearReceipt services. You can also unsubscribe from KlearReceipt marketing content at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at +65-3159-3979.
Disclosure of your information
We will disclose the data we collect from you to certain third parties who use data securely and confidentially. Such parties may include payment gateways, software providers, and advertisers.
We may have a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or request.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, processed, and stored at, a destination outside Singapore. We will take all steps to ensure your data is treated securely and in accordance with the PDPA.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party payment processing partner will be encrypted using SSL technology or a secure VPN. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the App and/or our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our App or Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your legal rights
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data – This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please note that Singapore law allows us to refuse your request for access for various reasons, including where the burden or expense of providing such access would be unreasonable to us or disproportionate to your interests.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you – This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide us. Please contact our Support team to correct any data.
- Request erasure of your personal data – This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it, where we have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local laws. Note, however that we may not always be able to comply with your request for specific legal reasons, which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data – You have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate we have valid grounds to process your information.
We may charge a reasonable fee to access your data if your request is repetitive, unfounded or in our view, excessive.
- Take a look at our Support section;
- Contact our Support team via phone, or e-mail;
- Take a look at some helpful guidance on the PDPC’s website which can be found here (https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/Legislation-and-Guidelines/Personal-Data-Protection-Act-Overview”).
Got a Question?
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or view our Support section